Supporting STEM subjects in schools and colleges
explore STEM work with Kent and Medway STEM, based at Canterbury Christchurch University, as part of the South East of England STEM Ambassador Hub (HUBSEE).
Through this we manage the STEM Ambassador programme across Essex, Southend and Thurrock.
We also keep schools in this area informed about high-quality activities they can access to enrich and enhance the STEM curriculum and enable them to use a range of STEM Ambassadors so that teachers can incorporate into their teaching exemplary links to the world of work, and work with the local Science Learning Partnership (SETSA) to support high quality teacher CPD.
HUBSEE's vision is to increase young people's choices and chances through science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.We support this by
- Offering advice and guidance to teachers on schemes available to them
- Managing the STEM Ambassadors programme to ensure there is a pool of volunteers from industry able to support STEM subjects
- Facilitating links with contacts or organisations best suited to meeting teachers' specific needs
As coordinators of the STEM Ambassadors' programme across Essex, Southend and Thurrock we also:
- Identify professionals with STEM skills to become STEM Ambassadors
- Link STEM Ambassadors with local schools and colleges to act as role models and help inspire and engage young people about the value of STEM in their daily lives
- Help local STEM employers engage with schools and colleges in their communities.
Registering as a STEM Ambassador
To register as a STEM Ambassador, all the weblinks you need are below. Once you have registered we will be in touch shortly to arrange an induction training session and CRB check.
- If you wish to register as a STEM Ambassador, please click here for a secure link to the STEM Ambassador database